The effects of aging can gradually manifest in our skin over time. If wrinkles, uneven skin tone, or fine lines are starting to bother you, keep reading to learn more about two solutions: platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials and ElumeStemCell’s Hydra Serum.
What is “PRP Facial”?
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma facial, is also known as a “vampire facial.” This treatment includes microneedling the PRP into your skin to improve its texture and overall appearance.
PRP facial uses a small amount of your blood to obtain platelet-rich plasma. It is a component of the blood that contains stem cells and growth factors.
The microneedling process creates thousands of small pathways in the skin. This allows the growth factors from the PRP to reach a deeper layer of the skin where cell growth occurs.
The tiny needles used in microneedling trigger the body’s wound healing response. This mechanism results in an increase in collagen production.
Difference Between Vampire Facial and Vampire Facelift
Since vampire facials and vampire facelifts both use PRP, they can be easily confused with each other. However, there is a significant distinction in each of their methods and the results they provide.
Vampire facelifts involve a series of injections with PRP and hyaluronic acid filler, while vampire facials are performed with a microneedling device.
You will immediately notice the firming, plumping, and smoothing effects provided by the dermal fillers. This makes vampire facelift an ideal procedure for those who want to restore the youthful volume and shape of their face.
Meanwhile, vampire facials trigger the wound healing response to stimulate the skin’s collagen and elastin production. This treatment is beneficial to those who struggle with acne scars, fine lines, dark spots, or other skin imperfections.
The PRP Facial Process
Below are the steps involved in the PRP facial process:
- The medical professional will take a small sample of your blood.
- The blood will be placed in a centrifuge to isolate the plasma and platelets from the red blood cells.
- An anesthetic cream will be applied to numb your skin before the treatment.
- The medical professional will use a microneedling device on your skin to create tiny pathways and activate collagen production.
- PRP is spread all over your face to enter the pathways and be needled back into your skin.
Benefits of PRP Facial
- PRP facials increase the production of collagen to enhance the skin’s quality. As new collagen starts to grow in the body, your skin will feel tighter and firmer.
- This procedure can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, which are common indicators of aging skin. This is achieved by promoting cellular turnover and stimulating the formation of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
- You can benefit from PRP facial if you have acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, surgical scars, or scars from injury. As your body produces healthier skin cells, you will notice an improvement in your skin tone and texture.
- PRP facials can help unclog pores and reduce their appearance. This improves your skin’s ability to absorb moisture and retain it.
- This painless procedure has minimal downtime and side effects.
- There is a smaller possibility of allergic reaction as the PRP is derived from your blood.
- PRP facials can provide you with long-lasting effects, depending on the frequency of your treatment.
Risks of PRP Facial
PRP facials are generally a safe treatment. But as with any procedure, it comes with minimal side effects. You can expect swelling, redness, itching, bruising, or burning after the facial. These effects show immediately but clear up within four to six days.
It is advisable to ask your doctor if a PRP facial is suitable for you. You may not be a good candidate for this treatment if you:
- Are pregnant
- Scar easily
- Have a history of poor wound healing
- Have a blood-related medical condition
- Have active acne that results in new scarring
- Have skin conditions, such as rosacea or eczema
- Have undergone skin radiation in the last 12 months
Where to get a PRP Facial
If you decide to get a PRP facial, go to a qualified professional who is trained and knowledgeable about the treatment. Although many centers offer PRP treatments, it might be safer to go to a board-certified dermatologist or surgeon.
What does a PRP Facial Cost and is it Worth It?
The cost of a PRP facial may vary depending on the practitioner and their location. Generally, this treatment costs between $1,100 and $1,400.
PRP facials can be a great treatment for a wide range of skin issues, including acne scars, dark spots, wrinkles, and face lines. This facial is ideal for overall skin rejuvenation and maintenance.
How Long Do Results Last?
You will notice visible glow, fullness, and tightening of the skin within the first few days after the facial. These results can last several months up to two years. In some cases, significant results can take a while to show up.
How Often Can You Get One?
You can have PRP facials a few times per year for better and long-term skin effects. Ideally, it is best to have four to six treatments at two-week intervals to maintain the anti-aging results in your problem areas.
Alternatives to PRP Facials
Aside from PRP facials, there are other procedures that can help improve collagen production or skin elasticity. These alternatives: microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser treatments all produce similar results without the risk of infection. However, these all require you to go to a dermatologist or aesthetician for treatment.
There is an at-home option for those seeking the results of PRP facials without the high cost, the risks, and needing to go to a professional for treatment: The ElumeStemCell Hydra Serum.
What is ElumeStemCell Hydra Serum?
The Hydra Serum is a concentrated skincare product made up of regenerative properties from natural amniotic tissue including cytokines, growth factors and matrix proteins. Because these properties come from a natural source, the body is able to better absorb them and can result in improved skin quality.
The Hydra Serum uses a unique applicator which allows the Hydra Serum to be delivered deeper into the skin through nanotechnology. The nanotechnology encourages cellular growth and collagen production while delivering the restorative nutrients from the serum. This treatment is beneficial to those who struggle with acne scars, fine lines, dark spots, or other skin imperfections.
Difference Between Vampire Facial and Hydra Serum
A vampire facial requires a professional appointment with a dermatologist or surgeon that includes drawing your blood, treating your blood, numbing your face, and applying a mixture of stem cells and growth factors from your treated blood to your skin with microneedling. As previously mentioned, there is a list of side effects that may last up to 4 to 6 days after treatment.
The Hydra Serum offers the same benefits as the vampire facial: increase the production of collagen to enhance the skin’s quality, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, promote cellular turnover and stimulate the formation of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin, BUT all from your home.
With the Hydra Serum, you do not need an appointment with a professional; you use the Hydra Serum Applicator to treat your skin yourself! The Hydra Serum treatment is noninvasive; it does not require numbing, a blood draw, or any of the side effects of the vampire facial such as burning, bruising, redness, itching, or swelling.
The Hydra Serum Process
The Hydra Serum treatment is a simple process offering widespread benefits.
Below are the steps in the Hydra Serum treatment:
- Cleanse your face.
- Derma roll to create micro channels in your skin.
- Prepare either the mesh capsule or microneedle capsule for application and insert into the applicator. Using the applicator, apply Hydra Serum all over your face or desired treatment area.
- Allow Hydra Serum to absorb into your skin for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply Daily Illuminating Face Serum.
- Finish treatment by applying your favorite moisturizer.
For a more in-depth explanation of the Hydra Serum treatment, read this article.
Benefits of Hydra Serum
- The Hydra Serum increases the production of collagen to enhance the skin’s quality. As new collagen starts to grow in the body, your skin will feel tighter and firmer.
- This treatment can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, which are common indicators of aging skin. This is achieved by promoting cellular turnover and stimulating the formation of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
- You can benefit from the Hydra Serum if you have acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, surgical scars, or scars from injury. As your body produces healthier skin cells, you will notice an improvement in your skin tone and texture.
- Hydra Serum treatments can help unclog pores and reduce their appearance. This improves your skin’s ability to absorb moisture and retain it.
- Can provide long-term skin repair and rejuvenation depending on consistent and frequent use of treatment.
Sound familiar? But with the Hydra Serum, there’s even more:
- This painless treatment has no downtime and no side effects.
- Noninvasive; it can be done more frequently.
- Can be done from the comfort of your own home or taken with you when you travel.
- You administer the treatment yourself; no need for an appointment with a medical professional.
Risks of Hydra Serum
NONE! Because the source of our regenerative properties is natural amniotic tissues, there are no risks with Hydra Serum treatments. The only risk is that you will love your results and wish you would have started using the Hydra Serum sooner.
Where to get Hydra Serum
Simply order the Hydra Serum and Hydra Serum Applicator from the ElumeStemCell website. They will be delivered right to your door.
You can order the complete Facial Kit that includes the Hydra Serum and applicator as well as our derma roller and Daily Illuminating Face Serum– everything you need for a transformative skincare routine. Refills for the Hydra Serum can be ordered from our site as well.
What does a Hydra Serum Cost and is it Worth It?
It is $512 to purchase our Facial Kit that includes what you need for a Hydra Serum treatment. This is less than half the cost of one vampire facial. Once you have used the Hydra Serum included in the facial kit, each Hydra Serum refill is $248, a fraction of the price for one vampire facial.
Is it worth it? The comments we receive from our customers always include how much their skin has improved since using the Hydra Serum. It is remarkable that the Hydra Serum offers the same benefits as a vampire facial but at a significantly lower price. Now, you can treat your skin more regularly with the Hydra Serum for results you can both see and feel.
How Long Do Results Last?
Your skin will be soft and illuminated right away. Results can last a few months or even years depending on the number and frequency of treatments.
How Often Can You Use Hydra Serum?
It is recommended that the Hydra Serum be used every four weeks. However, since it is a noninvasive treatment, you can use the Hydra Serum more frequently, if desired. For best results, use the Hydra Serum frequently and consistently.
PRP Facial Recap
The vampire facial is a procedure that offers many skin benefits, including improvement of skin tone, texture, acne scars, and dark spots. However, the Hydra Serum by ElumeStemCell uses cutting-edge technology to offer the same benefits as the PRP facial without the risks, need for a professional appointment, numbing, and blood draw, at a fraction of the price.
The More You Know, The More You Glow
Use the Hydra Serum to boost your natural collagen production and restore your skin’s healthy and youthful appearance.